Thursday, 24 May 2012

Apple MacBook White 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/1GB/80GB/Combo/AP/BT

Apple MacBook White 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/1GB/80GB/Combo/AP/BT


Product Description

The most advanced and affordable Mac notebook ever gives you a blazingly fast mobile architecture in a beautiful design that costs less than slower, clunkier models. It's like getting a sports car for the price of a scooter.
Review:
- the basic interface doesn't at first feel all that different from a PC. It's a little bit quicker to boot up, which is nice. The screen is good, but not spectacular. The keyboard takes a bit of getting used to, but is OK. The Microsoft Office:Mac 2004 suite I bought for £99 or so (see separate review) worked well, and Word and Excel files transferred from a PC to my Mac or vice-versa worked fine. My first impression was that this was less of a revolution than I'd expected;

- the size is right, if you travel. It's a bit heavier than some top-end PC laptops, but you can't get many smaller, lighter PCs with comparable specs for this price. The built-in camera is great for using Skype or other VOIP applications with a camera while you're on the road;

- when I'd been using the MacBook for a bit, though, I became increasingly conscious of two big differences. First, the Mac really does work better than most PCs I've had. Getting it working with wireless networks, for example, is much easier than a PC. New software nearly always works first time. I've never yet that ghastly moment of "what do I do now?" to make a bit of hardware or software work. Second, the Mac feels fun, in the sense that I get positive pleasure from using it. There are one or two killer applications, like the "front row" software, with remote control, for watching DVDs or video.


No comments:

Post a Comment